Sunday, February 22, 2009

A CACTUS BROKE MY FOOT!!!

How in the world does a cactus brake your foot?!!! And why NOW?!!!

My shower had just ended. I was still at Amber's when I received a phone call from Erick, "I'm down at urgent care; I'm okay, but I broke my foot." WHAT!!!! "How did you brake it? A cactus fell on it. I gotta go; they just came in to give me a tetanus shot."

Well it turns out he, Jacob, Justin (Organ), Zak, and one of Justin's buddies went out near our house shooting. They were pretty much done for the morning when they decided to show the boys how there is cactus juice inside a cactus you can drink. Next to them was a 12 foot very old saguaro cactus. They picked at it and tasted it. While was getting a piece the cactus actually started falling over. Justin shoved him out of the way, he landed on his butt and the cactus on his foot, crushing it! Absolutely crazy! He has to wait until the swelling goes down to find out whether or not they will have to pin it or just cast it. Mind you he is supposed to baptize Sammy on Saturday!

As frustrated as I am about the whole situation I'm so grateful it was just his foot and not all of him that was crushed. So I am thanking the Lord for my blessings, including loved ones who I know will see to it that we are well taken care of.

No comments: